It’s hard to believe that a year ago I was cuddling my little infant baby boy. The time passes way too fast. And, even though it doesn’t always feel like it, even the 9 months of pregnancy pass quickly. Especially as a first time mom, the 40 or so weeks of pregnancy don’t seem nearly long enough to prepare for baby’s arrival. From researching baby products to decorating a nursery to mentally preparing for baby’s arrival, it’s a stressful and exciting time.
With the thousands and thousands of baby products available, creating a baby registry is overwhelming and exhausting for everyone. When I was pregnant with Max I didn’t create a baby registry but I did for my first two kids and, more recently, I helped my sister with hers. As a starting point, every registry should include two basic categories of things: the important stuff you NEED for baby and fun stuff you WANT for baby. We’re often discussing want versus need with my six year old, and the obvious fact is that stuff you need takes priority. But, we think it’s important to include some extra gift options on your registry that will make you smile and squeal with delight.
Registry Must Haves
Of course, the jackpot registry item is one that checks both boxes. We have a couple suggestions for registry items that are must haves for a new baby AND will make you squeal with excitement.
1. Stroller. Register for a stroller you LOVE. One that you’ll push around the house, empty, daydreaming about what it’s going to be like with baby inside.
2. Nursery Decor / Crib Bedding. No matter what sleeping arrangement or nursery setup you have in your home, pick some decor or crib bedding that makes you happy. You and your baby will spend a lot of time in the nursery so make sure it’s a space that reflects you and your aesthetic.
3. Feeding Gear. Products to help you feed baby are a necessity during the first year, but that doesn’t mean they need to be boring. Register for a colorful nursing cover and bright and healthy, functional and whimsical bottles. Even if you plan to breastfeed you’ll want some bottles on hand.
4. Baby Carrier. We know there are a lot of options out there, but it’s worth the time to register for the carrier that will best fit your family’s babywearing plans. Get your partner involved and this is one item that will make everyone giddy. (Seriously, my husband was more excited than me when we received the baby carrier on my first son’s registry!)
5. Car Seat. The car seat is all business, we know, but once you settle on the best fit for your car and lifestyle, opt for the fabric you like most. This is the quintessential “Oh my gosh, we’re going to have a baby!” gear item so we know you’ll be excited to receive it as you prepare for your little one’s arrival.
Join the Conversation & Win!
We want to know: What is / was on your baby registry? Do you have one must have that all expecting moms should put on their registry? Twenty (yes, 20) of you who comment will receive a NUK Orthodontic Bottle.
We are proud to partner with NUK to spread the word about the new registry must have Tie-Dye Orthodontic Bottles, which combine the advanced NUK nipple technology with colorful tie-dye graphics. NUK is the number one selling orthodontic bottle with a feeding nipple that supports healthy oral development. The nipple mimic’s mom’s breast shape and has a feeding hole on top (versus the tip) to help with digestion. The new Tie-Dye Orthodontic Bottles are available in 5 and 10 ounce sizes at WalMart, Target, Babies R Us and Amazon.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends April 3 at 11:59 EST. Winners will be selected at random from relevant comments. Open to 18+ residents in the 48 contiguous states. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NUK. The opinions and text are all mine.