Fall is hands down my favorite season. The colorful foliage, the outdoor festivals, college football and, yes, pumpkin-flavored everything top my list for the reasons why autumn is the best. But, alert the presses: There is a pumpkin spice shortage in Germany. I kid you not, local coffee shops, including franchises of BIG companies, experienced a delay in getting the long-awaited seasonal flavor that is currently the star of Pinterest. This tragedy has even struck our local commissary as the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Coffee-Mate has not yet hit the coolers.
Luckily, you can easily avoid my tragic coffee circumstance: Coffee-Mate’s Pumpkin Spice and Spiced Latte should be in your stores now for a limited time. The best part? You can create the “it” drink of the season in your own home for a fraction of the price of the coffee shop.
Start Your Day with Coffee-Mate
Coffee addict mug image via Chantilly Stay
Coffee is an essential part of our morning routine. My husband always makes a travel mug to take on his way to work and I brew a cup to sip slowing throughout the morning as I’m wrangling kids and catching up on email. While we have different tastes for our coffee – he doesn’t use any sugar! – one thing we agree on is that a good cup requires Coffee-mate creamer. I’m sorry, but as far as I’m concerned milk and even cream have noting on my Coffee-mate. Coffee-mate adds a rich flavor without overpowering the taste of the coffee.
Coffee-mate is a staple in our refrigerator and, in fact, we often have two flavors because my husband and I have different favorites. (He prefers Fat Free Vanilla and I love Amaretto.) Despite the fact that our commissary doesn’t have the current seasonal flavors, they do stock a really great selection of Coffee-mate standard flavors. The brand has been bringing out the best in coffee for over 50 years.
Even if you don’t enjoy a cup of joe, Coffee-Mate seasonal flavors are perfect for holiday recipes. Other seasonal flavors include Eggnog Latte, Peppermint Mocha and new Dark Chocolate Fudge. The flavors already sound like dessert, don’t they? Well, if you’re inspired to get baking, check out Coffee-mate’s recipe for Individual Swirled Pumpkin Spice Cheesecakes.
Individual Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Recipe and image via Coffee-mate
- 12 foil cupcake liners
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Gingerbread Latte or Pumpkin Spice Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- PREHEAT oven to 300° F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with foil liners; coat liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, flour, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Transfer 1/2 cup batter to a medium bowl. Add pumpkin and Coffee-mate; stir until blended.
- DIVIDE white cream cheese batter evenly among prepared cups; top evenly with pumpkin batter. Swirl batters with butter knife.
- BAKE for 16 to 18 minutes or until just set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Makes 12 Mini Cheesecakes.
NOTE: Cheesecakes will hold for 3 to 4 days tightly covered in refrigerator. Can be frozen in airtight container for up to 1 month.
Cheese cake not your thing? 1) You’re weird and 2) how about Ginger Sandwich Cookies? These are perfect for Christmas and leaving out for Santa Claus.
Shop! Visit your local grocery store to shop the more than 25 Coffee-Mate flavor options, including new and seasonal flavors. Make sure you get the seasonal flavors while you can: they are only sold through December.
Win! A Coffee-Mate Prize Package worth $50!
Package includes: 3 full value Coffee-mate product coupons, 1 set of Coffee-mate recipe cards, 1 French press, 4 glass coffee mugs and 1 seasonally scented candle.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.