Target is – and has always been – one of my very favorite destinations. It’s so much more than a store; it’s a destination. I’m not exaggerating when I tell you that Target is one of the things I miss most about life in the States.
The kind folks at Target gave us a shopping assignment to stock up on “Back to Nursery School” supplies for Max. Of course, I can’t just hop in a store, so we relied on Target.com for our experience. To say we succeeded is an understatement! We scored essentials to to head back to school in style at home, school and back again.
Shopping Target.com Baby
Target.com is extraordinarily easy to navigate, particularly in the baby section where the product range is diverse and extensive. The menu on the left makes it simple to focus your search on specific products, sizes or brands. The deals we come to know and love in stores are applied automatically during the check out process. For example, I ordered a high chair – more on that below – and there was a promotion for a free $60 accessory. Target.com added that accessory to my cart and then applied the free discount without requiring any special code or coupon. It was stress-free shopping at its finest!
As a military family living overseas we have an American address called an APO box and, even though it’s an American mailing address, many companies won’t ship to it. I cannot tell you how ecstatic I was when every.single.thing I placed in my shopping cart – from a size 2T shirt to that high chair – shipped to my APO address with no issue and no surcharge. This is a huge deal to my military friends and me and I can honestly say this shopping experience has placed Target.com at the top of my destination list when I’m placing an online order. I know they’ll have what I’m looking for and I know they’ll (most likely) ship it here.
I was so excited that I tweeted to Target soon after placing my order. I loved their response!
@TheShoppingMama We proudly support our men in women in uniform. Thanks for all you do! We really appreciate the tweet! Have a great day!
— AskTarget (@AskTarget) September 7, 2013
Back to School Routine at Home
Starting nursery school is a big adjustment – for mom and tot. In many homes, ours included, it means creating new routine from mornings to after school to bedtime. We focus on creating structure to ensure school mornings go smoothly and on a bedtime routine to make sure the kids get enough sleep.
Our bedtime routine includes a bath, easily Max’s favorite part of the day. The BRICA Shower & Rinse Bath Pitcher will help to clean Max’s curly locks without getting soap and shampoo in his eyes. The Motorola Audio Baby Monitor to keep our ears on Max as he drifts to sleep – and throughout the night – when we can’t see him. And, the BRICA Baby In-Sight Soft-Touch Mirror allows me to keep my eyes on him during the trip to and from school.
Nursery & Preschool Style at Target
Target has always been one of my favorite places to shop for my kids’ clothes. Take a quick peak at the What They Wore blog and you’ll find all sorts of exclusive Target brands. For the nursery and preschool set, we rely on Circo, Cherokee and Genuine Kids from OshKosh. The brands offer great on trend style for kids at super affordable prices.
Here are our favorite back to nursery and preschool styles from Genuine Kids for the boys and Cherokee for the girls. These “preschool” ensembles will fit infants and toddlers from sizes 12 months to 5T.
Needless to say, I picked up some clothes for Max!
If you’re shopping for even smaller tots, Target.com has everything from infant basics to adorable seasonal pajamas and outfits. Our favorite brands for wee ones at Target are Burt’s Bees and Just One Year Made by Carter’s (THE softest onesies!).
Little Kid Lunch Essentials at Target
Target.com has an enormous Baby Feeding section, full of everything you need to feed babies and toddlers at home AND at school. For the home, it doesn’t get any more stylish than the Stokke Tripp Trapp. Yes, STOKKE is at TARGET.com! It’s a match made in heaven. This also means the Target.com baby section has everything from the super affordable house up&up brand to high-end names.
Of course, many Mom’s Day Out, day care and preschool programs involve packing a lunch or snacks. Max has a rather long school day when he goes so we pack a lunch and two snacks. Target.com has the supplies we need to facilitate the lunch AND a great selection of baby and toddler food to help fill those cute boxes.
One of the biggest surprises while shopping Target.com is just how much baby and toddler food is actually available. Earth’s Best, Ella’s Kitchen, Happy Baby, Plum Organics… all fantastic food brands for feeding little ones at home and for packing in school lunches and snacks.
Click through to see our favorite purchases to prepare and stock up for back to nursery school. Stay tuned to see the goodies in action in our back to nursery school routine.
- Genuine Kids from OshKosh Blazer Sweatshirt ($15)
- Genuine Kids from OshKosh Long Sleeve Sweatshirt ($10)
- Stokke Tripp Trapp Highchair ($249.99). School day routine starts with a nourishing breakfast at home and talk over the day during family dinner at night.
- Stokke Tripp Trapp Baby Seat ($69.99). Offered FREE with purchase of Tripp Trapp!
- BRICA Shower & Rinse Bath Pitcher ($7.99). Bath is the last thing before heading to bed for a good night’s sleep.
- Motorola Audio Baby Monitor ($39.99). Keep ears on Max to make sure he’s getting enough rest.
- BRICA Baby In-Sight Soft-Touch Mirror ($14.99). Keep eyes on Max on the way to and from school.
- Thermos Leak-Proof Food Jar ($11.59). Perfect for packing dinner leftovers in Max’s school lunch.
- Thermos Foogo Straw Cup ($13.39). Insulated cup to keep his drinks a safe temperature.
- Pampers Cruisers Economy Box ($40.11). Diapers at school and at home – that’s a lot of diapers!
- BRICA Deluxe Snack Pod ($13.49). Back to school also means the start of fall sports. Max tags along to events nearly every afternoon and needs snacks to maintain his healthy physique.
- BRICA Cover Guard Travel Car Seat Cover ($44.99). School breaks = travel.
- B. Parum Pum Pum Pum ($21.99). Even babies in nursery school deserve to blow off a little steam at home!
Thank you to Target for providing gift cards for this Target.com shopping experience.