Toddler boy can’t wait for school tomorrow. It has nothing to do with his amazing teacher or the wonderful things he’ll learn. He has a gift for his teacher, a.k.a. “MY Miss Amy!” and he can’t wait to give it to her.
We worked together to build this poster today and it reads: Ms. Amy, you are the “highlight” of my school day. “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” this summer. But, I’ll “perk up” when I see you again in the fall. Love, Alex
In place of the word highlight, we have a cutie patootie flower highlighter with five different colored inks. For “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” we’ve inserted a Books-A-Million gift card so his dear teacher can treat herself to some summer reads. And for Alex’s “perk up,” we’ve attached a Starbucks gift card.
We’ve prepared this special gift because this week, May 6-10, is National Teacher Appreciation Week.
We’ve also been busy preparing surprises for Kindergarten girl’s teachers. She has two teachers in her classroom and we decided to send in a small token each day of this week to let them know how much they are appreciated. Here’s the plan for the week:
- Monday – the aforementioned flower highlighter attached to a small bouquet of flowers with a similar quote, “You’re the highlight of my school day!“
- Tuesday – a Starbucks gift card with the message “Perk Up! Only 17 more school days!“
- Wednesday – an assortment of binder clips, paper clips, rubber bands and other miscellaneous office supplies with a note “Hold it together just a little longer!“
- Thursday – tomorrow our note will read “You’re at school all day…you deserve a HOT LUNCH!” and we’ve attached a Chik-fil-A gift card. We chose Chik-fil-A because it is the closest quick-service restaurant to Kindergarten girl’s school and one the teacher’s might actually be able to get to during the school day.
- Friday – we will send in some wonderful glass cookie jars I found at my local discount store filled with a combination of store-bought and homemade cookies. The note will read, “Though these cookies have plenty of sugar, they are nowhere near as sweet as you!“
And of course, each note wishes them a HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK 2013.
This week is both teacher and nurse appreciation week. Please let special educators and care givers know how much you value them.