First things first, I have to admit I never would have tried this recipe had I not had it at a friend’s house. French Fried Onions just aren’t on my regular grocery shopping list. But, I am so glad I had it because it is really, really good. The best part is the recipe is EASY, is ready in less than 30 minutes and kids will gobble it up. Even my picky 4 year old loves these tasty homemade chicken strips.
The original recipe (also found on the side of the French’s container) calls for chicken breasts, but I’ve found using chicken strips makes it much more kid-friendly. Plus, the leftover chicken strips taste delicious on salad. I also add a little pepper to add some extra flavor. The recipe makes enough for our family with a couple leftover strips.
CRUNCHY ONION CHICKEN STRIPS RECIPE
- 3 cups (6 oz) FRENCH’S Original French Fried Onions
- 2 T Flour
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush French Friend Onions with flour and pepper in plasic bag. I use a rolling pin.
- Create an assembly line and dip chicken in egg and coat in onion crumbs. Press firmly to adhere onion to chicken strips.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes until no longer pink.
We usually serve the Crunchy Chicken Strips with rice and a green vegetable. Always a hit!
We’re cooking up some fun in July. Check out all of our must haves products to enjoy life In the Kitchen with Kids.