The opportunity to check out the spring fashion at Marshalls couldn’t have come at a better time: I received a $25 gift card to shop a few days before we left for our cruise last month. I was in the midst of a desperate hunt to find a family trip appropro-bathing suit. While I don’t think I’ve succumbed to “mom jeans”, I did need a “mom bathing suit” (read: a one-piece). So, off to Marshalls I went…
Marshalls is one of the nation’s leading off-price family apparel and home fashion retailers with over 820 stores spanning 42 states and Puerto Rico.* Marshalls offers a wide selection of current season, top quality, brand name fashions for the entire family as well as giftware and domestics for the home at prices 20-60 percent less than department stores, specialty boutiques and catalogs.
*I saw a Marshalls when we were in Puerto Rico on our cruise!
Bathing Suit Shopping
As soon as I walked in the door of Marshalls, I was optimistic that I’d be able to find a bathing suit. The swimsuit section, including one pieces, bikinis and cover ups, was right at the front of the store. (No surprise, really, considering it’s in a tourist destination at Spring Break time.) I browsed the racks and found several suits I wanted to try on almost immediately.
After my trip to LA when I learned about off-price shopping and how Marshalls is able to offer this season’s fashions at a serious discount, I wasn’t surprised to find name brands like DKNY and Speedo among the selection.
I took a bunch of suits into the dressing room and success! I fell in love with a La Blanca halter ruched bathing suit for $19.99. A bathing suit for $19.99 that made me feel like a million bucks (or at least 10 grand?) = priceless. I wasn’t familiar with La Blanca when I bought the suit, but after a little investigation, I discovered it is offered at high end department stores. I even found this suit that is very similar to the one I bought, but it costs $119 at Nordstrom. A far cry from my $19.99.
Spring Fashion Trends
Even if you’re not in the market for a bathing suit, Marshalls offers quality, current season, on-trend designer pieces without the pesky designer price tag. The fashion experts at Marshalls have some advice on this spring’s fashion trends.
- Get Neutral: Banish dark winter tones and embrace soft spring colors with a neutral palette of pinks, corals, tanks and blush.
- Pretty and Polished: Play up the feminine look with delicate details like lace, eyelets and ruffles. Pencil skirts with flowing blouses are great for office and draped or cascading cardigans are great for layering with a sundress.
- Utilitarian Chic: Go casual with cargo shorts and capris. Add a floral blouse for a feminine touch or pair with a boyfriend style button-down over cargo pants.
- Keep it Classic: Complement new trendy statement pieces with pencil skirts and tiered blouses.
- Day and Night: Denim is a fabric of choice this spring and looks great in slim leg leggings with grommet studded bomber jacket for a daytime statement look. For a night on the town, wear a bandage dress paired with chained handbag in muted metallic.
To Buy or Not to Buy
To Buy… I had GREAT luck with my most recent trip to Marshalls. I went in looking for a bathing suit with a budget of $25 and I left with a gorgeous bathing suit and $5 to spare.
Or Not to Buy… Sometimes Marshalls does require more patience and a love of the hunt to find just what you’re looking for as there are just as many fashion duds are there are fashion scores. I know some people love it, but I’ve yet to be entirely converted. I rarely have the time to weed through
Shop! Have fun shopping the spring trends at Marshalls. To locate the store nearest you, visit Marshalls online.
Win! A $25 Marshalls Gift Card to Update Your Spring Wardrobe!
How to Enter: Tell me what you’d like to shop for at Marshalls this spring.
Bonus Entries – valid only after completing the first required entry. Please leave a separate comment for each you do.
* Spring into Spring! Enter the TJ Maxx giveaway at Baby Loving Mama and let me know you did.
* Follow Marshalls on Twitter
* Fan Marshalls on Facebook
* Follow The Shopping Mama on Twitter and tweet this giveaway. You may do this every day, just leave the link when you do. Update your spring wardrobe with a $25 gift card to Marshalls! @TheShoppingMama http://bit.ly/c14H93
* Fan The Shopping Mama on Facebook
* Be a Shopping Buddy, aka, follow in Google Friends Connect
* Subscribe to The Shopping Mama in email or RSS
* Blog about this giveaway including a link to this post – leave 5 comments with your link
* Post the Spring into Spring button on your blog