If you’re in the midst of holiday shopping and growing tired of the same old humdrum options, I have a fabulous toy suggestion for you. (And, if you happen to be finished holiday shopping, I really don’t want to be your friend.) Automoblox are a great gift for boys and girls alike. They manage to achieve that unique balance of educational and entertaining. They’re seriously fun! I promise you’ll want to play with them, too!>
Automoblox allows children to experience beneficial play with activities that provide limitless joy, imagination and creativity. We do this by offering a high-quality building system that will delight and inspire children while fostering the development of important skills and learning foundations.
- Changeable Wheels & Tires – the realistically styled wheels and the unique tread tires from each car are interchangeable so you can mix and match to customize the look of your car.
- Changeable Body Blocks – the body of the cars can be swapped and mixed with other cars using removeable connectors. (Our sedan car has four body blocks and the sports car has 3.) The body is made of solid wood with a lacquer finish.
- Passengers – the bottom of each passenger is a basic geometric shape that fits into a corresponding shape in the car.
- Interchangeable Roofs – the sleek aerodynamic roofs can be switched around to make a car all your own.
We received two cars from the Original collection: the S9 Sedan (blue) and the C9p Sports Car (pink). From the moment we opened the box, I was super impressed with the cars and Toddler Boy was excited to play with them. The attention to detail from start to finish cannot be ignored – from the unique VIN number on each car to the treads on the tires to the wood groove racing stripes.
If a fancy model car and a Lego had a baby it would be an Automoblox. The cars have the weight and quality you’d expect to find in an heirloom toy handed down for generations. But, I’m pretty sure you couldn’t take apart and rebuild your grandpa’s car with ease. The pieces that mix and match are very easy to use – my nearly 3 year old is able to build and put together the cars all by himself. The shapes are basic geometric shapes so there’s nothing too overwhelming about getting your car back to its original form if you take it apart or mix it with other cars.
To Buy or Not to Buy
To Buy… I’m very impressed by the quality of Automoblox. They are well-made and definitely built to last, and they’re really fun and can keep a kid’s attention for longer than your average toy. I consider it a very nice bonus that *I* have a great time playing with them – they’re seriously cool.
Or Not to Buy… The price tag might scare some buyers off initially. (Original full size cars like we received are $36.) But, the quality really can’t be beat and you’ll understand the price tag when you play with them.
Shop! Check out the Automoblox website, which has a great selection of full size and mini-cars including exclusive designs – like the uber-tough looking brand new T900 pictured above. Use the code ship60 for free shipping on a purchase over $60.
Win! One Original Full Size Car (C9, S9 or T9) OR C9, S9 or T9 Mini Three Pack.
How to Enter: Visit Automoblox and leave a comment telling me what car you’d love to own.
Bonus Entries – you must complete the first required entry before bonus entries are valid:
* Fan Automoblox on Facebook
* Follow The Shopping Mama on Twitter and Tweet. You may do this once a day: Win an Automoblox Original Car or set of minis – great holiday gift! @TheShoppingMama http://bit.ly/47b1wj
* Add The Shopping Mama to your blog roll (use http://theshoppingmama.com/feed/ for blog address)
* Fan The Shopping Mama on Facebook
* Follow The Shopping Mama in Google Friends Connect
* Subscribe to The Shopping Mama in email or a reader
The Fine Print: Giveaway ends November 30. Open to US mailing addresses only. Thanks to Automoblox for providing samples for the purpose of this review and a prize for the giveaway. Opinions in this review are mine and uninfluenced by receipt of product. Others may have a different experience.