TSM: What’s the focus of your store?
I love creating different items for the home, and love to make custom items for people. One thing that a lot of people don’t realize is that I would be happy to make a custom item in any color/size! They can just send me an email, and I would love to work with them. In fact, I am actually working on a custom order for a new shop in a college town here in Oklahoma! I am making customized MAG Boards, Board Bling, and Picture Frames for all eleven different sororities at the University!
That’s a fun project – what a great idea!
TSM: What is your favorite item to make or sell?
I LOVE to make the MAG Boards and Board Bling! I think it is so fun to turn a piece of metal into a beautiful and useful piece of art! The Board Bling is probably the most fun item to make, because I can get totally creative and turn all different items into really cute magnets!
TSM: What is your inspiration?
I would have to say that my inspiration would be everyday objects. I know this sounds strange, but I love to just look at regular, everyday items, and imagine what I could turn them into! When I’m in a thrift store, my mind is going wild with ideas of what amazing items I could create out of these everyday treasures!
TSM: Do you have any plans for new, additional products or business expansion?
Of course! I am always designing new products! You never know what you are going to find when you look on my website! Some new products that I plan on adding soon are boxed sets of notecards, wall plaques, children’s décor, and anything else I come up with! I am so excited about an item that I actually created last night! I made the cutest recipe box that looks like a little house! It would be so cute on the kitchen counter! I will also be adding these soon! You’re going to love them!
Yay! I look forward to seeing them.
When it comes to expanding my business, I am hoping to turn The Thrifty Trendsetter into a full time job over the next couple of years! I would love to be able to quit my day job and do this full time! Crafting is my love, along with my family, and it would be a dream come true to get to spend more time with my family and create items every day!
Good luck – here’s hoping you can go full time with The Thrifty Trendsetter. I can only imagine how nice it would be to earn a living doing what you LOVE.
TSM: If money were no object what is one thing you would buy right now?
If money were not an object, I would have to say that the one thing I would buy right now would be a new work station. I have a room that I do all of my crafting in, along with a large desk, and some bookcases, but I would love a new work station geared specifically towards crafting. I have to say, I get so jealous when I see some of the craft studios that other people have, and I would love an updated area that I could sit at and create items!
TSM: What are some of your favorite online stores or Etsy shops?
Wow! I don’t even know where to begin! I have so many favorite Etsy shops, it’s hard to mention just a few, but I will try!
* Right now, I am totally obsessed with the Etsy shop Fabric Shoppe-they have a weekly special where you can buy a fat quarter for $1.00! (I’m such a sucker for beautiful fabric!)
* I also love the Etsy shop momomadeit- they sell amazing aprons, and I LOVE aprons!
* AScrappyDesign is another great Etsy shop, and she just created her very own line of scrapbooking embellishments that are great. She is so talented! (Ca-ute!)
* Jenna Designs is also a fav of mine! She sews really great items, and takes beautiful fine art photography.
* I love Paper Cakes! She is such an inspiration to me! She makes the cutest items, and has just recently started up her business.
I know…there are a lot, but I could go on and on! Etsy is a great way to find such unique handmade items. For those of you who have never shopped on Etsy, I would highly recommend it!
I couldn’t agree more!
Win! A Flights of Fancy set of MAG Board and Board Bling.
A MAG (magnetic and gorgeous) Board is a multipurpose board to help organize and beautify your life. The Board features decorator paper and inked effect for a super unique and aged look. At 13 inches by 10.5 inches, the size is perfect for a kitchen or home office and I think it would be adorable in a girl’s room.
Board Bling are sets of magnets created to coordinate with the MAG Board. The set of six is whimsical and super fun. But, don’t let their sweet appearance fool you – they are strong, too.
How to Enter: Take a look around The Thrifty Trendsetter and tell me your favorite item.
* Help me celebrate the new “vanity address” The Shopping Mama’s Facebook Fan Page by becoming a Fan at www.facebook.com/TheShoppingMama
* Be a Shopping Buddy: a.k.a. Follow The Shopping Mama in Google Friends Connect
* Add The Shopping Mama to your blog roll
* Subscribe to The Shopping Mama in Email
* Subscribe to The Shopping Mama in a Reader
* Follow The Shopping Mama on Twitter and Tweet: Organize with style: Win a gorgeous handmade magnetic board with board bling by The Thrifty Trendsetter http://bit.ly/1QYYri
The fine print: Open to US residents only. Giveaway ends August 31 11:59 PM. Please leave an email address so that I can contact you if you win. If you prefer, you may email me your contact information.